10 Carolina Outdoor Care Facts To Consider
- Years of experience. The fact we're still in business in a highly competitive industry with above average failure rates is a quick indicator we know what were doing and we know what it takes to satisfy a clients needs and expectations.
- Our business is focused. We're first and foremost Grounds Maintenance Contractors specializing in residential and commercial properties. Our employees are experienced, properly trained for the work they do, and all crews are properly supervised.
- Our service and quality standards are high. We act immediately to address any deficiencies in workmanship, or service that may arise.
- Our equipment portfolio is efficient, highly productive, and designed for the range of sites we maintain. It allows us to pay more attention to detail than many competitors.
- We have a dedicated, full time customer service / sales representative, and department supervisors who regularly monitor the work done. We are able to meet with you any time at your convenience.
- We are proactive and bring concerns to the attention of our clients, as well as suggestions for improving site appearance, safety, and functionality.
- Our office is fully staffed during regular business hours. There's no waiting for call backs, contact is immediate.
- All client, and service information is digitized. Responses to service and scheduling enquiries are detailed, and immediate.
- Office personnel are in direct contact with management, and all senior field personnel via mobile radio and phone. We're positioned to provide the answers, and actions needed when they're needed.
- Our shop facilities allow us to maintain and service our vehicles & equipment without dependence on outside sources. As result we're able to consistently maintain our reputation for service reliability.
To get the quality and service levels anticipated it's essential to closely examine not only the proposals and prices received, but the contractors behind them.
In the Grounds Care Industry a low price doesn't necessarily equate to good value. The damage inflicted by an incompetent or uncaring contractor can last many years, or result in the deformity and possible loss of costly plant material.
Similarly, during winter months unsafe conditions or a delay in service that results in employees, customers, or suppliers being unable to safely access a property can have equally costly consequences. These, and similar situations can quickly wipe out perceived cost savings, and are not uncommon experiences.
Personally, we believe clients need to thoroughly research potential contractors, and ignore price until that's done.
Verify Insurance Coverage
WCB and Contractors liability and request a WCB clearance certificate as well as Certificate of Insurance from the contractors insurer. Discard any proposal that doesn't meet expectation regardless of price, and select your contractor from those remaining.
We believe clients should look to establish longer term relationships with their Grounds Maintenance Contractor. Much of the work done involves working with natural elements, within seasonal restraints. Instant results are not always possible, and great results can take time to achieve, particularly if there are budget limitations. Over time much can be accomplished even with short pockets. However, the key to this is continuity, and the ability to pursue a mutual vision over time.
Conversely, if a site has been well maintained previously, deterioration may take time to become evident. A negligent contractor can successfully coast at lower cost on the efforts of those preceding them for a season or two before neglect becomes obviously evident. This may result in turn around, or material replacement costs at a later date. Be thorough in your analysis and you will get results you want, and avoid time consuming aggravation later.